Thursday, May 15, 2014

Leaving California.

Well my friends, nearly a year after my last post on this blog I am back to make another post updating you about my life.


I’m moving back to Jersey for the summer of 2014.


“Why???” you might ask. Well there’s a lot of reasons. But these are not them.


The Things I Will Miss About California:


1) My baby apartment.


For those of you who have had the pleasure of stepping foot into my baby apartment and sleeping on an air mattress on the floor, then you know it’s got its charms and quirks about it. IT MAY BE SMALL, BUT IT BE MIGHTY aka it had walls and a roof and a kitchen and a bathroom and enough room for a bed so that was good enough for me.


THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT MY BABY APARTMENT:
Low ceilings, close proximity to a college aka loud drunken frat boys 5/7 nights a week, close proximity to a fire station aka sirens all the time, unbelievably sensitive fire alarm that goes off when my oven is preheating forcing me to run back and forth multiple times to stop the loud and obnoxious beeping, roommates (aka ants, spiders, fruit flies, occasional mice, etc)


2) The weather.


Fairly certain that there was ne’er a day the temperature went below 50 degrees during the day. And holy shit that is a modern marvel for a girl who grew up in the northeast. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW IT’S POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE PLACES THAT HAVE LESS THAN 100% HUMIDITY IN THE SUMMER TIME? Cool breezes on hot days are the greatest thing. Suck on that, Jersey.


THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT THE WEATHER:
Nothing. Well ok actually I miss rain and thunderstorms so I guess I won’t miss NOT having rain and thunderstorms. And earthquakes. PEACE OUT MOTHERFUCKERS I DON’T NEED THE GROUND SHAKING FOR NO REASON OK.


3) The people I have met.


My friends from Disney who have allowed me to be crazy me and still want to be my friends (???? you are all weirdos why do you accept me I am a crazy person). You have made being homesick and not knowing a single thing about California before coming here a lot easier. If you ever need a place to crash in Jersey, or wherever I end up next, srsly send me a text. I got you.


THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT THE PEOPLE I HAVE MET:
My neighbor loudly having sex at 3 am. Nope. Won’t miss that a single bit.


4) The food.


Actual Mexican food is amazing???? And In n Out is amazing?????? AND THEY PUT SANDWICHES ON WAFFLES HERE (Bruxie) AND IT’S ONLY 3 BLOCKS AWAY FROM MY APARTMENT AND WHOEVER THOUGHT TO DO THAT IS AMAZING (except why so close to my apartment pls I want a banana chocolate milkshake and waffle fries every single day damn you)???????


THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT THE FOOD:
LACK OF DECENT PIZZA. LACK OF DECENT ITALIAN FOOD PERIOD. LACK OF DECENT BAGELS (#bagelsunday). LACK OF MOES. LACK OF WAWA/QUICK CHEK. LACK OF MOSTLY EVERYTHING GOOD (food) IN LIFE.

There are probably other things. Actually, I’m sure there are other things. But for now, I’m just going to try to focus on the positives of moving back to New Jersey aka sitting in my bed watching HGTV and Food Network and ABC Family and TLC (because my parents actually have cable television!!!) while eating greasy cheesy pizza and cuddling with Jackson. And what’s not to love about that?


PS Still haven't met Seth Cohen so p sure something is wrong???????

No comments:

Post a Comment